What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brown spots

I purchased a pitcher plant(I think it is a tarnok) from Lowe's today. When I got it home, I realized that the entire bottom of the plant was brown. I'm not sure if this is natural or a disease, can someone advice?

Thanks!

Most likely dead bugs, their decay causes rot, or the plant has root or rhizome rot affecting the pitchers, i would check the rhizome to see if it has any sign of rot.
Kevin

touch the bottom and if it feels very soft a mushy then its rot , there not much you can do at this rate so what i'd do is return or exchnage the plant as soon as possible , don't froget the reciept .
biggrin.gif

The thing that bothers me is all the little pitchers that are just sprouting are all rotting down near the bottom also. They came in a cubic case that had no hole on the bottom and the top had been tapped shut so they had no circulation. I don't know if that was the problem but I will be returning them today.
Thanks again!

Back