What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Holy christmas crab!

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
This is sooooooo confusing. This pic that I found while searching for info on S. minor on the Internet is labled ''S. purpurea ssp. purpurea''. But it looks just like my wrigleyana. I really don't think this is a purp! Does it look like a purp to you???

s-purpurea_ssp_purpurea3.jpg

Thankies,
         a very confooooooooooozed FTG

Sarracenia seedling forms can be deceptive, it takes a couple of seasons for them to show their true form and colors. My bet is on S. purpurea ssp purpurea.

Ohhhhhhh... so do you think my ''wrigleyana'' is a purp? It produced a purp pitcher a few weeks ago...
confused.gif

Girl,

The plant in that picture is probably no more than 1" across, maybe 2" Almost all Sarr seedlings look like that, as they get past their first year then they start gaining their adult picher shape so the plant in that picture will start to look like a real purp next year or so. Your wrig is, I am guessing, a plant that is at least 5-6" across and so is mature and is indeed a wrig

Your title </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Holy christmas crab! [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'> Is the weirdest title that I have ever seen on the forums.lol
wow.gif

Toodles
tounge.gif
Wes

Pyro,
well, actually, it's only about three inches in diameter. Only has three wrigley-looking pitchers, and it has a one inch long, fully-opened purp pitcher, and another one coming up!
wow.gif

Wesley,
ROTFLMAOWTDLAMF!!!
tounge.gif

Awz, lookie th' ickle bee bee!  Looks just like my baby purple
smile.gif
 Those are just spring/infant pitchures!  Makes my heart melt just thinking about it (after all, it did take me over 300 seeds to get two to sprout so I'm a little attached to mine)... and it sounds like yours is a purple too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ROTFLMAOWTDLAMF!!! [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Say What?

Later
wink.gif
Wes

Girl,

Where did you get your wrig?

Darcie,
I'm pretty sure that, if anything, it's a venosa, not a ssp. purp, since it was in the same pot as the original venosa.

Wesly,
ROTFLMAOWTDLAMF = Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Anatomy Out While The Dog Looks At Me Funny. I created that one myself
biggrin.gif

Pyro,
well, I didn't really get it anywhere. I found it huddled underneath the pitchers of my venosa. Trying to seperate it from the venosa was like trying to seperate conjoined twins with your bare hands!!!
wow.gif
The whatchamacallit was less than a centimeter from the center of the venosa. It wasn't a bonus or anything, because A) I've never known Lowe's to give bonus CPs and B) because it was just labeled "Purple Pithcer Plant", not "Purple Pitcher Plant/Wrigley's Pitcher Plant" or anything like that.

Well, this unidentified plant is currently sending out a new pitcher, so I'll wait and see what *this* one turns out to look like.

Oh yah, hee hee. I didn't mean to say it was the norther subspiecies, just a purple. I've never seen the Northern varient for sale.

Okay, now things are making more sense. Girl, what you have is indeed a purp, the reason it was like trying to 'seperate conjoined twins' was because this is an off shoot from the rhizome
smile.gif
So that solves the problem.

***stares at Pyro in shock and frustration, her bottom lip twitching, for she realizes that she has done something else terribly wrong: she has separated an offshoot from the mother plant, which she definitely shouldn't have done***

***stops staring and bangs her head hard on the keyboard incessantly in frustration***

Girl,

There is nothing wrong with removing an off shoot from the mother plant, I divide my Sarrs that need it every year as do most Sarr growers.

Your plants will both be fine
smile.gif
now pick up your lip before you trip on it
tounge.gif

***stops banging her head on her keyboard and lifts her head and looks at Pyro, little, imprinted squares all over her face***

***smiles and claps her hands and dances around like an idiot, the sqare imprints on her face starting to fade away***

Glad you are back to normal, now I just hope the keyboard is still okay
biggrin.gif

***glances down at keyboard and tests all the keys***

`1234567890-=/*-qwertyuiop[]/789+asdfghjkl;'456zxcvbnm,./123 0.

***looks up and nods her head*** Yep, it's fine!

Awww man! It died!!! ***sees wide eyes*** Um, the plant, not the keyboard...

sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

Rest in peace, little plant

Back