What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Are Heliamphora easy to grow? I'm thinking of getting one in the sale.

Go for it, great price. You'll have to learn sometime anyway!

SF

very easy. Keep in a terraium with high humidty.

IMO i think they are very easy to care for but they grow sooooooooooooooooooo slow .

I dont find that they grow that slowly. Mine clump like crazy.

What species or hybrid do you have Goldtrap?

Thanks
Mike

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  They have run out since 9:30 pm and now when I am posting.  That really ticks me off.
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

A very upset person,

Wes
mad.gif

**in a disouraged tone** I'm going to the trading forum to see if anyone willing to trade or something.
mad.gif

Don't fret it Wes, I am sure one will come your way in time
smile.gif
I suggest one of the hybrids as they tend to be a bit more forgiving and robust

:edit: the link posted was to a nursery that is a competitor to petflytrap.com

i have a heliamphora heterodoxa x minor .

the moderators just edit out any mention of a competitors website? wow, is that official policy or just the personal stance of certain mods?

Hello,
Petflytrap.com, Exotic Gardens, runs a cp buisness, now people placing a link to another place that sells plants would be advertising that here, thus having pft, a place that sells cp's, just having it a buisness advertising place, getting less sales, hope it makes sence
wink.gif
Kevin

hrmm, i guess you could say it makes sense.. in a monopolistic, fascist kinda way.

i'm not saying you should openly advertise other vendors (threads dedicated to "new sale at shop X" etc).., but to exclude the option of conversing about them openly seems a little left wing to me. especially with the limited stock exotic gardens currently has to offer.

this has kinda rambled off topic enough here though. i strongly disagree with this policy so you wont be seeing me around here anymore.

no drama intended.

These forums are hosted by Exotic Gardens ( A.K.A. Petflytrap.com ). Because Exotic Gardens sells Carnivorous Plants, it is not considered good form to post links to other websites selling similar items.

I understand that the Heliamphora had sold out before many people could order them. However, this happens during clearance sales and one cannot do much about it. After all, it is a clearance sale. Once the items are sold, there will be no more until the item is restocked and priced ( albeit not at the clearance price ). If someone wants to point someone to another source that sells the “Currently Out-of-Stock” plant, they can do so with a private message, or if the user has allowed it, a simple e-mail message.

As far as Heliamphora being easy to grow... I have found them much easier than I had first thought. I keep mine in my basement, which stays no warmer than 70°F during the day and roughly 65°F at night. The plant is under a plastic dome, with vent holes, to keep the humidity high, but not so much as to cause rotting. The plant is watered from the top until water can be seen in the saucer. I allow the water to get to the point where its about ready to disappear and I water again. This maybe several days or the next day. This has worked well for me. I plan to move it to a terrarium once I get things moved about.

Here is an older photo of my Heliamphora:
H_heteroXNutans.jpg

Since the above photo, it has produced its first mature pitcher with a nectar spoon.
smile.gif

sorry about the URL.

I was going to say that I've seen Heliamphoras on sale att he Dangerous Plants website (the URL of which I can't provide).

I think it should be okay to at least mention competitor's names w/o posting URLs, especially in this case where he can't even get the plant from this site.

Cynic81, I look at it this way.  Phil keeps these forums running with money from Exotic Gardens/PFT.  He sells great plants and does his best to see that his customers have a good experience and are satisfied with the service.  So in return, I have no problem with not posting competitors and their urls on his forum.  Anyone with an ounce of smarts can find these places themselves with any of the search engines available on the net.  And as mentioned before, I can email or pm these URLs to someone if need be.  

I also figure if his business starts going down, he'll have to tighten his belt and one of the first things I'd eliminate would be the forums.  They cost money and bring in a lot of frustration that isn't needed when you have a business to run.  Fortunately for us, Phil has ignored this part of it.

alien.gif

Edited @ 10:42, August 1, 2003
Nick, those are some nice looking Heliamphora
smile.gif

"Monopolistic, fascist, left wing."
smak, Those are pretty strong words partner.  Phil owns this fourum.  Phil keeps it running at his own expense and at no charge to us...he allows the names of his competitors to be mentioned...just not the posting of links.  Anything else would be like General Motors running an ad on TV showing the "6" car winning the Daytona 500...ain’t gonna’ happen.
mad.gif

Gee wis... this getting a little hot. I find it just fine to talk about other retailers but I dont find it ok to post the url for other retailers. That's that in my case.

Back to the subject. Pyro has agreed to trade with me one of his Heliamphora. I thank you guys for your input and I intend on raising my Heliamphora so that I can trade with it's offspring. (but that might be a while.)
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Oh, Nick that is a very nice Heliamphora. What kind is it?

Wes

so your finally getting a heliophora (excuse the typos) that is good for you

You make sound like I've been waiting and looking for years.LOL </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so your finally getting a heliophora[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>. Sorry, just picking on you. But, yes, I am finally getting one, along with a drosera falconeri. I am so happy.
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Wes

Wesley,
       I believe Nick's heliamphora is H. Heteradoxa x Nutans, and a very nice one at that!
                 Kevin

Back