What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Such a thing

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
I was wondering if there is such a thing as a sarracenia tarnok. I don't even know why there would be such a thing, but there could be and it be a hybrid.

Hi Wesley,
There is; it is Sarracenia leucophylla cv 'Tarnock' which has a mutant flower. The petals and sepals are fused to create a spectacular bloom. The pitchers are just like any average leucophylla

Here's a photo of the flowers for you:

sld175.jpg

Hey could you post a picture of the pitcher its self? I would really appreciate that.
biggrin.gif

Thanks you guys I have identified my plant and now I am wondering, how old does the plant need to be before it flowers?
wink.gif

Plants grown from seed take around 5 years to flower, it can take less or longer time depending on how it's being cared for. I've heard numerous times that seedlings grown in long fibered sphagnum mature at a faster rate. I haven't tried it myself but perhaps somebody could comment on this?

When I got my plant it had I think two or three pitchers and a very small ryzhome (sp?) Does that help any?

Back