What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I went to north carolina botanical gardens today!

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
Well, I guess my post ''I will be leaving (the state) tonight, Fl. to n.c.'' in GD was deleted... oh well... I understand
smile.gif
. Anyhowees, I loved it!!! And I bought a pot of Sarracenia Minor for fifteen bucks!!! There are three in the 8'' or so pot. The largest of the pitchers is almost two feet tall and over an inch wide. Pure green with red at the bases and a little red veinage on the hoods. The largest of the three has an opened flower!
biggrin.gif
It's soooo pretty!

***dances around like an idiot***

Anyhowees... any GROWING tips?

Thankies,
an ecstatic FTG

Lucky you, and to my knowladge, it wasn't deleted, it was there a few minutes ago... You can just grow them like any other sarr, but any pics? I've always wanted to go there!! *jealous, bangs head on keyboard* bhsdjignoierhg (inside joke) GOOD LUCK!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

For the last time, ME NO HAVE DIGITAL CAMERA!!! ***looks down at feet***

LOL
tounge.gif

EDIT: Oops... I see the post now... ***blushes***

Even normal pictures? Then you could scan them!!
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
alien.gif

BTW, I'm pretty sure it won't be able to fit in my greenhouse when I get back to Florida... too tall... oh well. I guess I'll just have to keep it right beside the greenhouse.

Oh, the horror!
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm pretty sure it won't be able to fit in my greenhouse when I get back to Florida... too tall[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Darn, it's TOO BIG!! Gee, golly, gosh!

What's a flytrapgurl to do?

tounge.gif
tounge.gif

Here's a terrible question. Where in NC are the botanical gardens? I've been told that I need to go some weekend, but I don't even know where they are, and I live in the state...  
confused.gif

Also, they have disposable digital cameras now. (What an odd thing though...) I'm not sure how much they are nor if they are any good.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Belfrie @ July 16 2003,09:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here's a terrible question. Where in NC are the botanical gardens? I've been told that I need to go some weekend, but I don't even know where they are, and I live in the state...  
confused.gif

Also, they have disposable digital cameras now. (What an odd thing though...) I'm not sure how much they are nor if they are any good.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
In Chapel Hill.

I know they have the disposable digi cameras, AND SPEC WON'T BELIEVE MEEEEEEEEE!!!
rolleyes.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (schloaty @ July 16 2003,07:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh, the horror!
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm pretty sure it won't be able to fit in my greenhouse when I get back to Florida... too tall[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Darn, it's TOO BIG!!  Gee, golly, gosh!

What's a flytrapgurl to do?

tounge.gif

tounge.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Schloaty,

This is indeed a terrible plight.  As a gentleman, it behooves me to offer her aid.  FlytrapGurl You may mail your oversized plant to me any time you wish!  
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

If you want more info belfrie, I posted the garden's URL in my thread about the NCBG. It'll give you directions and info about the gardens themselves.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And I bought a pot of Sarracenia Minor for fifteen bucks!!! [/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Where?! I saw that little corner by the bog gardens where they were selling plants by the honor system, ut I didn't see any CPs.
sad.gif
A Curse upon your luck!
smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigCarnivourKid @ July 17 2003,12:4
alien.gif
</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
FlytrapGurl You may mail your oversized plant to me any time you wish!  
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

NO!!! ***huddles over her prized minors*** LOL
tounge.gif

Cynic,
    I found the minors along with the other non-CPs for sale a few feet from their bogs. The plants for sale are right around the corner from the restrooms. The only CPs they were selling were the huge minors, and they only had... geesh... four pots of them... ? Anyhowees...

Oh, and BTW, this thing is catching houseflys by the dozen!!! (there is a *lot* of houseflys outside in NC) In one pitcher mostly! And that one pitcher that is catching most of them is the second smallest in the bunch (only about a foot tall)! But... none of the pitchers seem to be producing any digestive juice or anything at all, even though the flys have been struggling for days on end!
confused.gif
What the heck is this?

Thanx,
     a befuddled FTG

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack! And it was quite difficult trying to figure out where to put the minor in the hotel... I eventually settled on the idea of putting it on top of the air conditioner, so it got morning/early afternoon filtered sunlight. For updates on how all the creatures have been while I was gone, check out my similar topic in GD. Anyhowees... guess what!!! I have more than just those three huge minors in that pot! While at the hotel, I noticed at least two little tiny minor seedlings near the edge of the pot, about an inch apart!!!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
One has two pitchers and the other has three pitchers. The pitchers are about half an inch long, and near the ground. They look pretty healthy, snuggled up in there. Soooooo... when should I put them in their own pots?

Thanx,
an ecstatic FTG that is starting to think that she needs to start being less ecstatic over everything
rolleyes.gif

Back