What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humidity

how low of humidity can sarrs stay in

Permanently I think it's about 40%, but temporarily at lower levels. If you're wondering if you've got enough I would just try it and see.

at 40 % will it still make pitchers
o and right now it is 30 percent humidity but i could put a plate of water below it

my sarrs experiance 20-30% sometimes during the days and they don't seem to be effected but iw ould'nt try this though .

Jmenprkr,
None of my Sarrs notice the humidity or the lack of it as long as I keep water in their trays during the hot dry days.
My humidity right now is around 15%.

alien.gif

I've had my large sars ouside, but noticed that some of the lids were getting crispy. I had water in their trays. They got some full sun, but not beating on them all day. I think it's just been getting too hot -- we've been in 90's and now 100+ -- so I bring them in during the day and set them back out late afternoon/night so they can catch a little sun and eat. I think that's working, as the new pitchers coming up look pretty healthy.

cpwitch

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigCarnivourKid @ July 15 2003,05:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Jmenprkr,
None of my Sarrs notice the humidity or the lack of it as long as I keep water in their trays during the hot dry days.
My humidity right now is around 15%.

alien.gif
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
do you have them outside day and night

Yep!
smile.gif
  It got to be to much trouble dragging them in and out every day.  Especially if I was running late for work in the morning
biggrin.gif

I have 1 S. purpurea, 1 S. leucophylla, 2 S. catsbaei, 2 S. 'Judith Hindle', 2 S. leucophylla 'Red', 2 S. leucophylla 'Tarnok', and 2 S. alabamensis.  They all do fine.  Temps have been in the mid 40°F range at night.

Edit @ 7:O5, 7-14-03
I've had them outside 24/7 a couple of months now.

Back