What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New alata...

I think it is an alata... It came with two half dead phylodia, one growing pitcher, and one 18inch (base to peristome) pitcher. The full pitcher was a bit crushed however, so I will have to confirm that it is alata when the new pitcher develops. Any special care, or interesting facts I should know? Is this plant mature sounding?

18 inches is pretty tall, so i would say near mature. ull probably have to wit for new leaf to see. The suspense!

Uhu, I neglected to mention though, that the leaf that is currently big (not the developing one, but it too i think) Is heavily ribbed. Up the sides of it (technically, there are no sides, but you get wut i mean) there are like, stiff midribs, the whole way up...

Hi Parasuco,
It won't be alata if it has phyllodia, the species never produce them. Can you post pictures or send me an email when the pitcher matures? Also flower?

Are phylodia PERFECTLY flat? I mean, is there a teeny tiny tube down one side? If there is a small tube, then those were phylodia, but if they are just flat, nothing else anywhere, then it coulda been crappy pitcher attempts...

Hi Parasuco,
Without a picture of your plant, I cannot comment!
But sometimes phyllodia do look like aborted pitcher attempts! But with alata, the plant for me always produces pitchers. Have a photo?

Back