What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still not dormant

my vfts, and S.purp havent gone dormant yet and its january. my minor, judith hindle ahve all gone dormant, but the purp...is a strong one. i even cut of all the leaves so it is growing slower now. I vfts...just wont die down. Must be the dog i fed em...............;)

I would stick em in the fridge NOW!!!! Espically the Purpurea. What type is it? Venosa,Purpurea,Burkei,.........Montana? Yeah right like anoyone has S.Purpurea var. Montana!!!!! :eek:

its a purpurea ssp purpurea i think its dormant because after i cut off most leaves, it stop producing any.

Hmm......I don't cut the leaves off Purpurea Purpurea mine are outside right now and frozen water in the pitchers at night! But they are very hardy so even with a short dormancy I think you can get away with it. But remeber to put them in dormancy next year! I don't have to force mine. But here is my prized one! http://a9.cpimg.com/image/CD/69/7915469-cdac-01600120-.jpg[img
As you can see a little there is ice on the moss.

Hmm......I don't cut the leaves off Purpurea Purpurea mine are outside right now and frozen water in the pitchers at night! But they are very hardy so even with a short dormancy I think you can get away with it. But remeber to put them in dormancy next year! I don't have to force mine. Here is my beauty!                                                    
7915469-cdac-01600120-.jpg

There is some ice on the moss too.

(Edited by nepenthes gracilis at 7:37 am on Jan. 22, 2002)

Back