What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

!@#$ bugs!

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
When I checked on all my cps this morning, I looked inside the newest pitcher on my purpurea, which is almost all the way open, but still new and tender, and guess what I saw! <span style='color:red'>A HOLE!!!</span> The hole is about a half of an inch from the bottom of the pitcher and is about a quarter of an inch wide and tall. A bug is obviously the prime suspect of this horrible crime. Yet I see no bugs. The edges of this round hole is not black, brown, crispy, or anything. I know it couldn't have been a drowning bug that chewed itself out, because, well, I haven't poured any water in it yet. What the heck did this and what the heck can I do about it?

Thanx!

Just leave it, it will be fine. But always put water in purpurea pitchers!

I always do put water in them, but not until they are fully grown and open. This one is only just over half way open.

Thanx!

Oh dear, this is my day for learning things.

As a general rule, do I need to put water into my Sar pitchers? If so, how much and how often? Don't they produce thier own fluids?
Thanks

only put water in purpurea (&Heliamphora)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tim @ Mar. 31 2003,01:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh dear, this is my day for learning things.

As a general rule, do I need to put water into my Sar pitchers? If so, how much and how often? Don't they produce thier own fluids?
Thanks[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
no, purple pitchers are the only ones that don't have their own digestive system. They need a bacterial cess pool to eat (lovely though yes, lol)

Back