What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best sarracenia for a 10-gallon tank?

Hi All!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Since I took my Nep. ventricosa out I have room for more cp's. I was wondering what kind of Sarracenia would be best for a 10-gallon tank. I want one that is pretty big but would not out grow my terrarium. I was thinking in the lines of an S.purpurea X S.flava. Would that be good?

Thanks,
Travis

Yes, that would be a good pick, other reasonable ones to try are Purpurea and Psittacina, with their hybrids, clones, ect. Smaller verticle plants like S. alata will do well in a younger age and size. Hope it helps,
Kevin

I plan on making an order on the 19th of May (you know CC then I will not have to pay until July
wink.gif
). Thanks for the info Phil traper2 and sarracenialuver. Have any others that are some what big but will not out grow a 10-gallon tank would be great. Plus any Sarrs that can eat many ants would be a bonus.
biggrin.gif

Thanks,
Travis

S. rubra is a small one, but it tends to clump which could make for possible diseases if you don't divide when needed.

Back