What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora and a Spider

NickHubbell

It’s a trap!
When checking my plants, I came across a nice little spider resting on my Heliamphora's lable. During the photo shoot, he moved to a new and more colorful location.

H_spider_guest.jpg

H_hetrodoxaXnutansSpinder.jpg

Ahh!! kill it kill it!! Squash the plant and all!! LOL jking
tounge.gif
nice pics as always bro.
Andrew

Thats an interesting little guy. Did he every fall into or get fed to any of the pitchers?

I always thought it was very funny to watch them squirm as you carry them ever closer to the waiting jaws or what not...

Very nice pictures!!! You must have a really good camera and a good eye for photography. I think spiders are cool and they seem to be fairly smart too.

-buckeye

The spider is actually living with the heliamphora. It is too bit to get caught by the pitchers at this time. The widest pitcher has an opening that is just under an inch in diameter. The spider did not sit long enough for me to get a photo of it looking out of the pitcher.

Cool man! I love it when spiders make their home on plants. Here's a pic of a lynx spider on my Passiflora. I have another on a spider on my leuco, I'll have to post that later.
smile.gif

lynx_spider.jpg

There shall be no spider squashing!!!
mad.gif

Wow Larry!  That's a great shot!  Nice lynx!

Nick, I'm more impressed with that beauty of a heli!  Really nice plant.
cool.gif

Nice coloration on your Heliamphora, Nick!  It contrasts well with the pale spider.

That's an awesome coloration on the lynx spider!  It almost looks fake!

SF

Thats a nice Heliamphora Nick!! I agree with Snowy the spider almost looks fake. Nice Pics!!

Two weeks ago I had a Brown Widow around my N. Coccinea. I didn't move it or kill but I told people to be very cautious. I wish I could of taken a pic but my Camera isn't working.

Lenny

Wow larry that spider looks like something out of a horror movie!!! I've never seen one like that before. Does it only live in warmer climates??

-buckeye

Southern United States.

Im in CA, and I spotted one like that in the summer. Very cool!

Thanks guys. I love this spider, I must've taken over 200 pics of it. Oh, and its a girl, she had lots of babies
laugh.gif
I believe Lynx spiders are found in the warmer parts. They are nice and green during summer, but during winter their color fades and you see specks of red. Here's two more pics for ya to look at.

wicked_lynx.jpg

lynx_spider2.jpg

These are two different lynx spider found in different areas of my backyard.

Larry, those are some really nice spider photos.

Thanks for the complements on my Heli. I grow it in my basement and it gets 14 hours of light each day.

I love bugs but have a minor phobia of SPIDERS!  Especially the one in the Photo!  the pic creeps me out every time I look at it.  I've got goosebumps all over my arm now
biggrin.gif

I've gotta show this pic to my little sis she has a big time phobia of spiders!  Guess it runs in the family...LOL

Back