What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cobra lilly blues

Hey all, I am about ready to pull my hair out with the cobra lillies. I have sent about 8 to parts unknown (plant heaven) and I am about to give up. I have one more try at it and it is sitting in the kitchen right now. I have no problem growing my other cps, including plants that have literally been ripped out of their soil from lowe's and are bouncing around their containers. I have read the entire section on the cobra lillies in the savage garden, but it really doesn't give dormancy requirements and care during this time of year. I have a spor for this guy I think. I have a room that gets to be about 55 degrees f at night and about 58 or so during the day and faces basically east. I am considering putting my last addition on the sill and just watering accordingly. ANY help to relieve this massive cp headache of mine would be appreciated. If this one doesn't make it, I figure I will quit on them for some time. I figure the ones at lowe's make it under lower light and lower water conditions, so why can't I do the same? It is about 60 in this room now that I am going to put him in, but it is also very dry, and I am considering letting the cover on for humidity's sake. Thanks in advance...oh, I am in very n. va and it is about to get cold, really fast...

don't worry , so you want to put your cobra lily in dormancy thast what your saying , depending on how long you've had it and where you live you probabaly won't need to put it in dormancy this year , but if it has to then it will require the exact same dormancy requirements as sarracenia .

Back