What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cobra lily dormancy?

I have this cobra lily that is small only 3 inches tall in a 3 inch pot and its growing on my windowsill in which by the touch of the sill it feels cold with a light draft and was wondering if this was enough dormancy or if i should move it exept other then the location its in now it would go outside here in zone 6-7 on the border.

Should be enough as long as it doesnt get any artificial lighting,in other words close the curtains so that any artificial light is blocked out.I think it would die outdoors though as it would be a shock to the plants system. Besides they come from california where it doesnt go below 20 degrees very often,as long as it is cool and theire is 6-8 hours of light it should go dormant on its own.

Hope this helps,
Noah.

I've got essentially the same conditions. It appears to still be growing, putting out three new leaves over the past two months. Bugweed is a good source for informayion about Cobra Lilies.

Back