What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Images of Heliamphora heterodoxa from Ptari (!!!)

Hello all,

I did some fairly big changes to our website and webstore and started adding images of our recent expedition to Venezuela.

These images include the first web-published ones (best to my knowledge) of the "real" H. heterodoxa from Ptari Tepui. As many will know, all the plants cultivated so far originate from the Gran Sabana. These plants are considerably different from the ones from Ptari, as the images demonstrate. Ptari Tepui is the locus typicus.

dscf6692_579.jpg

Ptari Tepui:

dscf6662_579.jpg

More can be found at www.wistuba.com
smile.gif

Bye for now,

Andreas

Wow...awsome photos. That tepui is spectacular! What gifts Mother Earth gives us.
smile.gif

Thanks Andreas for sharing the photos.
smile.gif

Suzanne

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Feb. 18 2004,17:18)]Wow...awsome photos.  That tepui is spectacular!  What gifts Mother Earth gives us.  
smile.gif

Suzanne
And them man spoils it
sad.gif

Great photos Andrea ( and I am not counting you nor anyone on these forums with above comment!
smile.gif
)

cheers

bill

Whoah Hoss!
Did not notice this until now.
Andreas, are the ones from the Gran Sabana still H. heterodoxa, or are they going to eventually have a name change?
Great photos, as always.
Regards,

Joe

To get a rare look at an amazing plant, Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside... any plans to bring this one into cultivation, or is it too touchy for that?

IS THAT AS BIG AS I THINK IT IS?!?!?!?!?!?!

Back