What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora

Hey everyone well I was wondering are Heliamphora easy to grow? I want to buy some but I don't know where I can get some that are mature plants. anyone know any sites where I can buy them mature?

Helis are relatively easy to grow, for me anyways. Needs high humidity, good sun, but keep it on the cool side. Mature ones are very expensive, start off with a small one so you can watch it grow, and save some money at the same time.
smile.gif

get h. minor. Its pretty cheap and comes with mature pitchers usually.
smile.gif

I've read that the H. minor x heterodoxa cross is a bit more hardy than the straight species.

I thought that heliamphora were not for me.... I now have a H.minor that just finished its first mature pitcher, and it is looking great. I think they are just as easy to grow as most others (it simply sits in my terrarium) so give em a go!

Cole

okay i will. for some reason I seem to take very good care of carnivorous plants. I mean with normal plants they seem to bore me. I mean they don't do anything interesting, but the CP's they are sooo awesome it seems everyday something is different about them and you always wanna check up on em to see if anything is going on!! It's awesome. I think I have a green thumb for CP's

Back