What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

s. alata

I picked up a s. alata in full growth today for $40. It has more then four different plants and eight different growth points in it. I have always wanted this one too. There are at least five flowers up and in bloom. I wish that I had the opportunity to pollinate them. There seems to be no pollen on the flower though. Any thoughts on why this might be? I don't see any pollen at all, of course the flowers are almost out of petal too.

Gee, in contrast, I was given some S. alata seeds a couple minths ago and a few of them finally germinated over the weekend.

I too got some s. alata and leuco seeds, and the leuco seeds took in both peat and lfs in 12 days. No luck with the s. alata seeds yet. How long did it take them to come up? Mine are under lights 24/7 though...

My alata were up in 12 days. Others of the same seedcap took 12 weeks. The seeds will rise when they are ready.

only one of mine sprouted in a loooong time. The leuco's I recieved all germinted quite fast and well.
The Alta seedling is a slow grower!
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
(Sorry, I like this face thingy too much)

Back