What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it too late to repot my pitchers?

Thanks Trevor. I really didn't have an idea as to the cost of purified water. 30-40 cents per gallon doesn't sound too bad I guess. But I did read of some people who needed 2-3gallons per day. With outdoor cp's (pretty much where mine will be) I'd guess you need more water. Now I don't know how many square feet of planting these people had. One person was in Georgia with 90-100 deg temps in the summer... I guess I might eventually like to have 10-20sq ft of cp's?

I'm basically a lazy person. One appeal of water gardening (with a pond) is that you don't have to worry about watering the plants. I thought I could just have my cp's sitting on a pond shelf and I could relax. Too bad for me, it seems that a real bog garden is going to require more attention. Like going out and watering pretty much every day in the summer.

Warren

Warren,
I just transfered a mess of my sarracenias from pots to a bog. Most of these plants are starting to pitcher and have flower buds. Some were in large community pots and had to be torn apart in order to replant them. I will keep you posted as to their progress. We can all learn.

S.O.,

I'm definitely interested to hear about your bog construction. I was at the library yesterday and picked up Swindell's 'Water Garden Encyclopedia,' as it had some information about bog construction, plus a bunch of pretty pictures. After I got it home and started reading though, I realized he was not writing about true acid bogs. He says that a richly organic soil is ideal for the bog garden...so much for that.

Warren

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Warren @ Mar. 25 2004,8:56)]Thanks all. Based on a pic of flava I saw at another site, I don't think it's that either. I'll have to check out the sites that BobZ has pointed out. I may post another pic, showing a better view of a mature leaf.

I like your interest list pond boy. (Shouldn't that be "eatin' ramen noodles"
wink.gif
Lol
tounge.gif

Don't listen to Warren, Pond Boy. There jest ain't nuthin' like a heapin' helpin' of Ramen noodles!!

Agreed Lol. Unfortunately I cant eat them because I`m still on a low fat diet because of my having had pancreatitis.

Back