What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia in the Wild

hmm, I thought the actual pictures were going to be inserted.
I'll have to go back and read the instructions on posting images.

hmmm again - all very frustraiting!
try # 3!

showphoto.php

Hi Matopis,

You might try a [/img] at the end, instead of just .
I am new at posting images here too (actually I'm just new period). You can check out the thread I started for 'Is it too late to repot my pitcher.' There BobZ guided to me the photo gallery for this site. Doing that I was able to get it to work. (That's if you have an invalid website problem like I did).

Warren

matopis: two problems with your image posting.

1) As Warren mentioned, the second img has to be [/img].
2) You are attempting to insert the page with pictures, not the pictures. I'll use { } instead of [ ] to show you how it would look (and so it isn't converted into a picture!)

I went to your link, and right clicked, and chose "View Image" . Now the address of the pic is in the address bar.

{img}http://www.hdpixel.com/gallery/data/500/224Darlingtonia_wayside_sm.jpg{/img}
That's how your img link should look, note that the picture itself ends with jpg (or could be gif, png, etc).

So here are the pictures....
224Darlingtonia_wayside_sm.jpg

224Darlingtonia_Florence.jpg

Alternatively, you can just click the "image" button when posting, and put the address in there.. but it has to be a picture!

Hope that helps,
Pat

Right on Trashcan and Warren,
Thanks for the help.
I've got some other exciting pictures I want to post.
Matt

Hey Matt,

I've been there! It's probably been about 10yrs, but I remember the place. Not far off the road if I remember. And a pretty small area too...wouldn't take more than a few minutes to stroll through if you didn't stop.

We used to live up in OR...

Warren

Darlingtonia probably my favorite pitcher plant. Those pics are GRRRREAT! As Tony the Tiger would say. I love how alien they look. I remember last month when I invited a few friends into my room to watch me feed the plants, one of my female friends was terrified to touch the Darlingtonia because she thought it looked so creepy. One of these days I need to go to a road trip to Oregon... Stupid Ohio and it's soybean fields.

Back