What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia Question

All my plants have started their new growth buth the Tarnok. Is this normal, being in the Leuc family I thought it would of started to grow by now?

Hey, my Tarnok is taking it's time as well. It's put up a flowerscape, but I'm still waiting for the first pitcher. Don't know if it's normal or not!

Capslock

I wouldn't know of any change in care 'tarnok' would need. Does it have different conditions than your other sarrs?

No all my plants are next to each other and have the same conditions. The plant looks healthy it has 3 phyllidia and their about 8 inches tall and green. Just no new growth. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Hey Kegman,

It depends on where you live as to when they will pitcher. We're in south Florida, so ours are already sending up their second round of traps. Just got back from the Florida panhandle on Sunday, and in their native habitat the plants are just starting to open their first traps. If you live north of their native habitat, it may still be a couple of weeks to a month before pitchers shoot up.
By the way, the Sarr flowers are gorgeous this time of year!

Trent

Mine has opened 2 pitchers, and flowere a few weeks ago. I'm in NC

I live in Western Washington, and usually my leucophyllas take their sweet time. Not my Tarnok; it is the first to flower and pitcher out of any of the leucophylla I grow.

I live in NJ what I don't get is that every other sar I have is growing and not this one. It should start soon though, I guess.

I've also noticed that the Tarnoks are earlier than most leucos.

Trent

It can also vary from year to year. Sometimes a plant just seems to be lazy and takes ages to do anything for some unknown reason.
In England one leuco has three flower stalks only about 5cm tall and another is growing pitchers that are about the same height at the moment.

Back