What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cobra lily

Hi everyone,

thank you to all the people that helped.

christian

No I don't think it is mutated, the supposed mutation is a younger plant so the pitcthers will not look like an adults pitchers until it has had time to mature.

hi,

thanks mate. i noticed that all the other juvenile cobra lilies growing from the stolon off the mother plant didn't look like this when it was at its juvenile stage. They have all been under the same conditions, i.e lighting, watering, soil media. why is this the odd one out and what is the explanation for its weird structure? It has a single needle like structure protruding from the top of the head instead of a forked tongue attached inside of the hood. Yet the rest of it is cobra lily like. please explain.

christian

As stated by Wesley, that is a juvenile pitcher. They look like that when the come straight from seed. This is not a mutation. You will find that in approximately six months it will create what you consider to be a normal pitcher. Prehaps the stolon was not as strong as with the others.

thanks copper. that's all i needed to know.

Back