What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats wrong?

look at this picture and help me find out what is wrong with this plant the top part of the new shoots are bent over and dead looking but the base is nice.
rock.gif

darlingtonia.jpg

Darlingtonia's are a pain in the neck. Only their beauty saves them. Darlingtonia require water to drip/run over the rootstock fairly constantly if it is to survive. If the water is cold (50 F, to 65F) the plant will pick right up and begin to show you what it can do. Yours is in decline, and you better fix it now.

Bugweed,

Will putting an ice cube(made from RO water, of course) one the edge of the pot suffice? Or maybe putting it in a large saucer with ice cubes to melt in the saucer?

Regards,

Joe

hmmm iv always thought and wondered what if u put darlingtonias in a hydroponic system with no fertilizer in it, jus RO water. also, u can put an bag of ice cube or something to cool the water down. do u guy think that ould work? i have a hydroponics system and have orchids in them, but im gonna change them into a semihydroponics system. i was thinking to use the hydroponics system for darlingtonias for a while now.
you guys think it will work?
Hellz

I think that would work well, I would use perlite or something for the substrate.:)

cool!!!
im about to try it!!!
all i need is a place to get fairly large darlingtonia at cheap prices
-_-
wizh me luck,
Hellz

You realize you will probably go through several bags of ice a day lol

lol, probably -_-
but i have a water cooler, i can use cuz my dad is into saltwater fish. he bought it on sale used, but he never uses it. It can keep the water REALLY cool
biggrin.gif

Don't do what I did - put it in a streamlet and have it take a permanent swim when it rained heavily. Darcie has a good thing going with her reptile ornament set up . So does Gold Trap.

hey you know what im going to do. I am going to put my water pump on it . Its a small water pump that has a tube on it i will put it on the plant so it can run rain water through it all day.

how are u gonna keep the water cool though?
i was thinking about doing that and have a bucket of water sitting in a little fridge, then having a pump pump it onto the plant, the have a basin under the plant to collect the water, the anther pump to pump it back into the fridge
did u guys get that?
a lil confusing
tounge.gif

i dont know the pump shorted out . so im doomded and the plant is not doing good.
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

mad.gif

I could put it at the edge of my pond and the water is no more then 80 in the summer and is circulating. But even this is hard

Back