What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! argh! !@#$%&*!@$!#$*&

ROAR!!!
I could just MURDER MYSELF!!!!!!! i leave my oreophylla for less than an hour, and when I come back the pot is dry and the pitchers are wilty! I lost all the 2 footers, and a few of the 18 inchers! ROAR!

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

GOD! why did this have to happen?! The only pitchers that survgived is only one 18 incher and a few crusty crumbled 10 inchers left!!

Please help...

grow list,
<s>Sarracenia oreophylla</s> :-(

Sorry to hear it.
sad.gif

I know things like this can be frustrating. I lost one of my favorite Leucos during the last dormancy, as well as a few sundews to botrytis. I know it doesn't compare, but I still want you to know that there's someone out there who feels your pain.

Look at it this way: More room for more Plants!
smile.gif

I wouldn't give up just yet.  The leaf may die, but the rhizome could still very well be alive.  Depending on what actually happened to the plant (heat or dryness), or how severe the damage was, you may not see any leaves the rest of the year, but treat it as if it's still alive, and you may be surprised next spring.

I had a leuco that, I don't what happened to it, I had given up for dead. For two years, nothing happened. No leaves, no phyllodes, nothing. I was too lazy to dig it up, since it was in a pot with some rare plants. Well, low and behold, it sent up a huge pitcher last fall, and now it's got a bloom coming up.

Also, I've had pitchers wilt on me before. They are all still alive.

Not to worry - unless it is a disease or something that causes rizome damage. The leafs well, tend to break off when its windy or die when temps gets colder. But it's not serious from the plant's point of view.

Sarras are very tough. Just keep it well watered and heaps of sunlight and it'll do well.

Stand it into water can revive them if you have not already done so

I did that to my green dragon, but it came back in a few weeks. I hope all goes well for you.

Back