What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"tarnok" info needed

i recieved a quarter sized chunk of a small S. leuco. 'Tarnuk' with a bunch of other CP's. i didnt plan on growing Sar's this summer but he said it should grow like a weed for me so i guess im giving them a shot. can some one point me twords some info and pictures of a mature plant. also how do you guys put them through dormancy? im not used to growing plants with a true dormancy requirement. thanks

Rattler

Visit CP Photo Finder and scroll down to the bottom under 'T' to find Tarnok.

Where do you live? Can you store it in a greenhouse or coldframe? Otherwise, you might have to squeeze it in the fridge.

im up in NE Montana. i may be able to store it at the local greenhouse this winter in their off season. he keeps it at about 40-45 in the winter with occational dips to about freezing. the owner is a long time friend of mine. will this work?

Rattler

It will work, my plants go well below freezing in an unheated greenhouse here in England. You will be fine in that greenhouse where you are

Back