What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cobra lily

Do I need to put water inside of the pitchers? The pitcher, when I bought them, were dry inside but they looked Healthy please help me.

Thanks,
Junieman
smilie4.gif

rule of thumb, it there is a cover that blocks rain into the pitcher, then you don't have to put water into it. But if the pitcher doesn't have a lid thats cover the top then yes, do fill it up with some water.
For the your, since it has a cover then NO you do not need to fill it with water. How would you anyways?
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter @ May 29 2004,4:42)]rule of thumb, it there is a cover that blocks rain into the pitcher, then you don't have to put water into it.  But if the pitcher doesn't have a lid thats cover the top then yes, do fill it up with some water.
For the your, since it has a cover then NO you do not need to fill it with water.  How would you anyways?
smile_n_32.gif
Hmmm. I have a S. purpurea, which, of course, doesn't have a lid. I noticed that the latest mature leaf wa filled with fluid, without any help from me. Is that what is suppose to happen?

yes, they are supposed to do that, you might want to put A LITTLE Water in it, because if it didn't have fluid already in it, then It would just be water, so when a insect fell in, it would just be floating around

Back