What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitchers

who has the most pitchers on there plants i thought it might be a good experiment to see wich type produces the most
smile_l_32.gif

Id say they produce the same as each other.

Wow Dan, is that yours? Is that a pure S.psittacina? If it is, its really rare because its all green!(all green forms are REALLY RARE!)

Unfortunately, no, I nicked the pic.

But that form is readily available in the cp store I order my stuff from...

Edit: And yes, I believe it's pure.

ALL all green forms are really rare(ALL pitcher plants that is)

Guess I'll go get some then, they're pretty cheap
smile.gif

I suggest you repot it as soon as you get it(looks very cramped in that pot)
Soil:
One part peat to one part perlite is a very good mix for sarraccenia.

very nice psittacina! But it looks more like 5-8 rizhomes instead of just one plant...

Green cephs are not rare, green sarracenis ARE RARE.

I think its just one rhizome. My pssittaccina looks like its got two, but when you have a look, its just one. All S.pssittacina are known to be very slow, or may not do it, develop two or more rhizomes that is.:)

errr...1,2,3...
biggrin.gif

Blimey, it looks like at least 5 rizhomes are planted in the same pot, the pitchers are going to start growing on top of each other soon on that one...the plant makes the pot look so minature, at least 5X bigger than the pot - the most cramped I've seen yet.
smile.gif

Yeah I normally find green sarrs with a tint of red on the 'viens' if you would like to call it that.

Man Mannannan those are some awsome lookin plants!
smile.gif

oops i did two of then, i didnt think the first one worked

they arent Cephs.
They are Sarracenia psitacinnia (SP?)

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ June 11 2004,12:10)]Green cephs are not rare, green sarracenis ARE RARE.
cephs which lack pigment are as rare as any sarracenia that do. Cephs which are green because of lack of sunlight are common

Back