What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus for fathers day

Hi all

My wife got me a ceph for Fathers Day, also a bunch of Pitcher rhinzomes Flava, Minor,Alta,some Hybrid pitchers.. Now for the trick.. The ceph is about as big as a large THumb Nail...Tiny Pitchers growing about a little less than quarter. I have it in shredded dried spagnum moss very damp but not soaking. Any advice wouild be helpfull

THanks

Jim

Here's my tip: Thank your wife profusely!

Hey Tim, depending on your location, heat will be your worst enemy right now. For those little TC cephs, try to keep it very humid, with bright light but no direct sun. I have good luck putting the whole pot in a big ziploc bag. be carful if you do this, any amount of sun will heat that bag up in a hurry. this method is better under lights. Good luck!

Steve

I am tryin for one for Fathers Day too. I hope I am as successful as you.

Joe

LOL thanks I am Lucky to have her ( most of the time )) LOL
Thanks for the tips.. Hey Jim I have Thanked her profusly LOLOL She thinks the cephs are the uglyest things next to hellgramites ( Ugly Bug ) The pitchers are going in Planters outside the house. Love my wifey!!!

Joe
what area are you from? If She can get another one ( ill ask where she got it from) and if she can Ill ship it to U...

Let me know

Jim

I'm in Omaha, NE.

How can she think they are ugly? My wife thinks nothing of my Neps but when I showed her the Cephs she said "Those are pretty cool lookin"

Joe

I AM GETTING A CEPH!

I'm pretty happy about it. My wife is getting me one for Fathers Day.
A lttle pressure goes a long way
smile_m_32.gif

Joe

Back