What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

June photos

• Thread starter homer
  • Start date
Hello everyone,

Here's some pics I took today, hope you enjoy.

venosa.jpg

purpureamontana.jpg

purpurea.jpg

oreophila.jpg

minor.jpg

flavamaxima.jpg

flavaflava.jpg

flavacupurea.jpg

californica.jpg

alata.jpg

-Homer

They are gorgeous! Especially the Darlingtonia and S. Minor!

sob... my plants are quite lacking compared to yours.

:p

They are absolutely beautiful, homer. ^_^

Excellent!

I'm very envious of your Cobra Lillies and S.minors. Sometimes I regret my plan to move to Texas since the weather here is much better for carnivorous plants (in my humble opinion).

Wow! Very nice pictures which no doubt represent very nice plants. Keep up the great work. And keep the pictures comming.
smile.gif

Andrew

WHOA!!!
howed u get that S. purpurea ssp. venosa var montana?
isnt there only one area of them in the wild left?
very nice sarrs
and the darlingtonia seems to be loving life
how do u grow yours?
Hellz

Nice plants Homer,
These pics clearly show the differences between the different forms of S. purpurea and between flava and oreophila.
Peter

how long dose it take a sarracenia.purpurea ssp venosa to get that coulor very nice plants

Lots of sun and patience= red colour.
However, they will grow fine without the red colour.
Personnaly, I prefer them green.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Lots of sun and patience= red colour.

You are exactly right.  You can see this red color developing on the closest S. purpurea ssp. purpurea pitcher as well.

HellzDungeon, I got the montana from Andrew Marshall a few years back.  It has a cool neon-greenish look to it that stands out from the other purpurea varieties... don't know if its displayed in the picture as much as it could.   My Darlingtonia enjoys the cool nights year around where I live (only 1/2 a days drive north from their native habitat), so I have it easy cultivating them.

trashcan, I think only CPs that require cooler night temps would appreciate the climate we are in (Pacific NW, marine climate).  If you were to grow S. flava, or leucophylla for example down there they would probably do better for example.

Thank you all for your nice comments!

-Homer

Nice photos Homer.

I like the S. purpurea ssp. venosa var montana
smile.gif

Lovely plants by the way!
smile.gif

Stunning pitchers, Homer!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

To get the red on the purp ssp purp, you REALLY have to let the sun BEAT on it ALL day long... and even then I've never had such red pitchers like yours Homer! Nicely done!

Back