What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarr nectar.

Hi, I noticed my S.flava "cut throat" was covered with nectar and I tasted it and it tastes like cane sugar! It`s realy sweet like they say! I can see why the bugs realy go for this plant
smile.gif

you know your addicted when you lick your plants
smile_m_32.gif

The problem with Sarracenia nectar is that it can contain a potent narcotic.  That's what makes flying insects think diving down a narrow tube is a good idea.  US foreign policy should be making a lot of sense to you right now.

really? a potent narcotic u say? is it conine?
hmmm... thinking of tha possibilities...
Hellz

i dont think you'll ever get enough to "drink" its just a think sticky film on the leaf.

if there was enough to get high on, i'd be the first to let you know the results haha

hmmmm, im about to go to cooks place and start scraping tha nectar from all his plants
biggrin.gif

if it doea have some side affests to intake, well, ill just have to c
smile_m_32.gif

Hellz

Yeah, I just tasted some Judith Hindle nectar. I must agree it is better then any other sugar I've tasted. Mine is making little globs of it from the bottom of the pitcher, leading to the top where the bugs fall in and die.

Well it didn`t have any of those affects, of course if I was the size of a fly ,then thered probably be trouble.:p

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ June 20 2004,8:52)]The problem with Sarracenia nectar is that it can contain a potent narcotic.  That's what makes flying insects think diving down a narrow tube is a good idea.  US foreign policy should be making a lot of sense to you right now.
Why would us foreign policy make a lot of sense to me right now?
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ June 22 2004,3:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ June 20 2004,8:52)]The problem with Sarracenia nectar is that it can contain a potent narcotic.  That's what makes flying insects think diving down a narrow tube is a good idea.  US foreign policy should be making a lot of sense to you right now.
Why would us foreign policy make a lot of sense to me right now?
confused.gif
cause you were 'sposed to be drunk
laugh.gif

When things are going wrong, sometimes it's best to turn around and get out. The light at the end of the tunnel might be an areola.

what? herenorthere?

Back