What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Won't wake up

schloaty

Staff member
Hey sar experts, maybe you can help me out with this. I have two sars (S. alata and S. oreophylla) that just won't come out of dormancy. The rhysomes are not dead (no rot, not mushy), so is there any reason why these two would not have started growing? All the other sars are doing fine...

why are they in dormacy already
last time i checked it was summer or do you live in the southern hemersphere [big word
smile_n_32.gif
]
some plants are more hardy than others so they take a little longer to wake
what is the temperture where you live as this can also be a problem and last but nearly lest did you just get them through mail order if so ask the place where you got them to tell you why
smile.gif

sorry i couldnt help much but hopfully someone else can

regards
michael

They should NOT be in dormacy now.
The latest sarrs should be out of dormacy is late
April/early May. I honestly dont know whats going on.

they could be addapting to there environment but i do agrre it is strange do you know if they missed any dormacy at the begining of fall/winter

I think he means they have been in dormancy over winter but haven't grown since, as if they are still in dormancy

Do they have any green leaves left over from last year? Is anything happening at the growth point? You could try repotting.

Hey Alvin, you got it. STILL dormant. The oreo still has some left over phyllodia, but the alata has zip. What would repotting do for me?

As far as I can tell, they should be very much awake. I'm getting nice temps in the 80's, and lots of good sun (after cutting off a bear of a branch from a nearby tree).

Back