What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The sacrifise

WARNING:
wat u are about to see is a horrifying experience of a sacrifise of a fly. Mature audience is only advised, ppl with weak hearts should not see this.

The victim: a confused fly that happened to fall into the wrong room at the wrong time (my room with the traps and wen i was bored) IT was about to die, all buzzing and stuff, it was still alive and active, jus tired
114-1426_IMG.JPG

I picked it up with som tweezers on the legs ,as it fights its way out, with 2 atempts, he lost 2 legs, i picked it up by the wings.....
114-1428_IMG.JPG

114-1429_IMG.JPG

its blurry cuz my camera is too close cuz i was trying to get my hands, (i hav short arms)
114-1431_IMG.JPG

I drop the fly in the mouth of the god, and he buzzed all over the place, ramming himself into the walls of the plant, i concentrate on the struggle of the fly, wen he stops i blow at him to make him buzz again (regain my excitement)
My view...
114-1433_IMG.JPG

i love these plants

I did something similar to that once, except I fed the fly to a vft.
laugh.gif

yea i fed my vft like 4flies in 2weeks or less

haha the joys of owning flesheating plants. I do the same thing to everybug I catch. I figure if the flies are going to bump into my computer screen at night and distract me then that demands death.

lol, the flies at my house do the same at night i just take one and dip it into some hot sause and flick it into my venus fly traps. lol just kiding.
but they do fly on my computer screen and i do feed my venus fly traps with them.
smile_n_32.gif

sucks i cant feed anything to my N.ventricosa cuz its stil a totler and cant open that wide

Heheheheh, I usually feed flies to my sundews. Or, if the flies are
really small, I feed them to my butterworts. My Pinguicula Grandiflora
in particular has a habit of turning its food to mush! There was around
7 insects on each leaf once.

When my D. adelae plant was at its prime(now it died back) if there where any gnats around my comp I would fetch the plant, take off the cover, and swish it around in the air. lol JK  
smile_n_32.gif

ahaha
thats funny
smile_n_32.gif
i think i rather feed my broodlings then let them do it on their own, im still a protective father
smile_m_32.gif

?????

I like to feed ticks to my plants like that. It is fun to see them stuggle inside the pitcher of a Nepenthes or are covered by a sundew. Kinda like, "you suck my blood, I'll let my plant suck the life out of you." Or sometimes you get that annoying fly that buzzes so loud you can't think. Yeah he goes to my plants.

i jus fed a dead fly to my vft, it reopened twice? wtf? (i threw it (fly)into the sarrs) any1 know y this happens?

Back