What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora helppp!

my heliamphora i just discovered that the base of the plant looks brown! i think its fungus or something thats trying to rot the bottom. i think its due to the terrarium had no air circulation and is closed on the top. what should i do to help it . spray it ? I have some dilluted ortho's daconil.

O that's not good. You can try the daconil.

yeah its terrible
mad.gif
. the plant was so nice . this is one of yours from the auction that was so healthy. I will try the daconil. do you think it will survive at all? i could post a picture. IT dont seem too bad yet.
smile_h_32.gif

Well it had multiple growth points so maybe if you caught it early it is only partly affected and will come back. Let me know how it turns out. Perhaps it was too wet or potted too deep? If it doesn't make it I can send another but it won't be quite as big.
Tony

here is a picture. i think it wasnt to deep or to wet though the wet could be possible. i looked at it under bright lights and it looks like it started rotting or fungi and then these mite things are getting at it.
IMG_0440.jpg

it's horrible day when a heliamphora is attacked by demonic elements. i hope your heli gets better.

Back