What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia bog

Just got back from a weekend at the Oregon coast in which we swung by the Darlingtonia Wayside a few different times to see how they were doing. If you're ever along the Oregon coast it's a must-see!

The weekend was extremely warm for the coast, Friday was around 80 degrees and dry. The plants looked fantastic... The biggest group was in direct sunlight but showed no signs of burning at all. Just pure green and big! We measured one close to the walkway at 37 inches and the head was bigger than a golf club driver. The "mustache" was right around 9 inches from tip to tip. The plants have a nice bed of moss, and the healthiest plants sit in water which either comes from a small spring underground or a creek. The plants on the other side of the platform are fighting up through some pretty heavy brush, drier ground and are more solitary plants.

Should have the pictures developed in the next week or so and will post photos.

Jeff

Wow...I can't imagine a darling that big! But I've seen photos of some big ones. Can't wait to see those photos. I may not be able to see such things but at least there are members who get to see them and can share their trips. They sound awsome.
smile.gif

Wow. Sounds amazing. Wish I could have been there! Can't wait for the pics. I don't have many cobras, just two, but there fine. Not to big though, and they need repotting!

Craig

Back