What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cobra's nest growth

Not sure on the Cultivar status.

The plant is much larger now and even more s-s-s-snakey looking than ever. I think it is well named, although I haven't hung out with many real Cobra's in my life.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]yes, it is officially registered.
When was it registered? So far, it has not appeared in the ICPS Database, but the Database may be hopelessly out of date. The last update shown is Aug 7 2003 or April 11, 2002, depending on which information you want to believe.

Bob,

I am not sure how often the cultivar information gets updated on the CP Database, and have found it best to assume that if it is included, it is legit, but that if it is not, then the wind can blow either way with that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I haven't hung out with many real Cobra's in my life
heh.
You never met my ex.
smile_m_32.gif

Tamlin, thanks for the tip on retaining the previous season's pitchers. I'll be sure to do so.
It's been a week since my first post on this plant and two more new pitchers have begun to emerge! If this was an old 1950s sci-fi they'd be calling in the Air Force by now! My cobra nest is nestled between a rubra and purpurea (supposed/proposed genetic parents) and neither of them produces new growth at such an amazing rate. Gregor Mendel would be proud. Oh, the wonders of selective breeding!

Back