What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for hardy sarrs......

Just looking to find out what would be the hardiest Species/Hybrids of sarracenias for my outdoor-in ground bog garden--Zone 7....

I have the following:

Sarracenia leucophylla
S. Leuchphylla 'Tarnok'
S. Leucophylla x willisii "Dana's Delight'
S. x Judith Hindle
S. rubra rubra
S. Flava rugelii (?)

I will be adding:

S. purpurea ssp purpurea
S. Purpurea ssp. venosa

Just looking for some Sarrs that adapt and settle in well.....?

And Would I be better off to wait until spring before adding any more?

Any advice will be Greatly Appreciated!

Thanx!

So you have leucophyllas in your bog and they are doing ok? If they are then basically any sarracenia will do fine outdoors!

The Regular S. Leucophyllas are being finicky as they are known to be. There is 4 of them and they are covering the range of settling in.

I also have 4 Tarnoks and they are doing much better overall.

i think any Sarracenia would do fine in zone 7.  maybe a little mulch in the winter would help, but as long as they're in-ground, i think they'd be fine.

depending on where exactly you are in zone 7, you could probably get away with just covering them with plastic or something during the cold snaps, otherwise, i think zone 7 should stay mild enough for most of the winter to keep them unprotected.

Back