What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stevensii issue!

• Thread starter Mannannan
  • Start date
Well, my 2 S. stevensii's I got on my rescue mission a while back, are growing surprisingly vigorously already, to my joy.

Thing is, they ONLY put up phyllodia.

What should I do? I'm thinking maybe 'force' them into dormacy, and then pot them together in a larger pot.
But then again, it's a bit early for dormacy, no?
On the other hand, I have no idea how long they'd been in the store when I got em, so maybe..?
confused.gif

What do I do? (I'm assuming that they do need dormacy, just like other north american cp's...)

Thanks /Quensel

could just be in shock. not sure what condition they were in when you got them, but sometimes they'll stay in shock for a whole season. also, stevensii has leucophylla in it, and it's not unheard of for leuco's and leuco hybrids to put up phyllodia during the middle of summer. if you don't get any pitchers this fall, I would assume it's still recovering from whatever stress it had. as long as it's sending up a lot of phyllodia, i wouldn't be too worried. of course, this is assuming you're providing the correct environment (water, light, soil, etc.) for it to grow.

Thanks you!

Well, there are about 10-15 growths on each plant, so they look content to me...
I'll wait a while longer, then maybe I'll just shoot for an awesome next season
smile.gif

Thanks for the reply, I'll give an update for sure
smile.gif

Cheers /Quensel

Back