What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Too much

I recently moved my s.purpea into a different tank with about twice as much light. The pitchers had nice red veins in them before but now are turning bright red on the whole pitcher. Is this ok, or should I move it so it isnt getting hit by the light so directly. Thanks

this is perfect. it'll be really hard to give sarracenia too much light. they crave it like an addiction haha.

If you look at some purp photos (check out BobZ's photo site), you'll see many plants that are red to deep maroon. Its a very natural color for a purp. They sound fine to me.
smile.gif

Your purps should be fine. Purps exposed to direct sun all day in the wild will many times turn a deep solid purple. Other purps in the same location but exposed to less sun will have veination of varying degrees based on the amount of sun. Your purps must be feelin' right at home.

they ARE called PURPURea, after all
smile_m_32.gif

Back