What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher plant id

Hey, I got these two Sarracenias the other day, and am just wondering what kind they are.  The just said Sarracenia on the package.  These are my first pitcher plants ever!  I hope they do well.  Is this picture enough for an ID?  Thanks!

pitcher-plants.jpg

- Joel

The one in front is a S.x wrigleyana(SP?)(leucophylla x psittacina) I`m 100% sure of that. Don`t know what the rear plant is but I`m leaning toward rubra x psittacina.

I'd say they're both S. leucophylla x psittacina. They need light! The tall, wiry pitchers are due to a lack of sunny conditions.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ptfreelander @ Aug. 09 2004,9:08)]I'd say they're both S. leucophylla x psittacina.  They need light!  The tall, wiry pitchers are due to a lack of sunny conditions.
I have them in our bay window now. This is the first day they have been out of the store....I figured I would adjust them slowly to the sunny conditions. Thanks!

Back