What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. flava

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
A friend of mine gave me S. flava a couple months ago. The plant is doing well, but I have noticed recently new leaves displaying phylodia. Is this the right time of year for that or is the plant showing signs of distress?

It is the time of year when they will begin to put out phylodia. I have a few flava plants that have begun to grow them. Don't worry, it's all natural.

Thanx!

My S.flava cutthroat was just starting to throw out phylodia when I left for the hospital so I`d say it`s about the right time.

'Tis the season. Mine's starting to put up phyllodia as well.

Flavalodia.
biggrin.gif

I guess I am in good company. Suzanne, that was cute!

Well if William can coin words like lolon and rolon...I can coin a few words too.
smile.gif

Flavalodia, rubralodia, oreophylodia, alatalodia, leucolodia....hehe

Pupurealodia, Minorlodia, and the all encompassing Sarralodia :p

lol, may I ask what a phyllodia is? That is probably the newBiest question any of you have heard, lol. Are they non-carnivorous leaves? Sorry about the newB question to I have a tendency to ask them a lot. ^_^

Chrono, u got it, they are non carnivorous grwths used for photosynthesis

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Aug. 11 2004,10:29)]Well if William can coin words like lolon and rolon...I can coin a few words too.  
smile.gif

Flavalodia, rubralodia, oreophylodia, alatalodia, leucolodia....hehe
You know me - I appreciate word creatvity!
smile.gif

Back