What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats wrong

Hi
there's this s. purpurea that made a flower in january, very healthy and all that. Anyway I self pollinated it and things, but the flower is still there, (minus the petals of course). Now I've seen tons of those petal-less flowers that have stayed open for a long time (as I'm sure many have) but this one is still in perfect condition, and minus those petals it looks like it just came out today. Is there something wrong?

The pods will stay intact for a fair few months, just wait and eventually it will go brown and split. It can't stay there forever.

My "flowers" without petals can stay on the plant for a year if not disturbed -- whether containing viable seed or not. The flower and supporting stalk turn brown and dry.

My S. purp venosa var. montana is sending a flower bud up now.....is this strange or what?!?

Back