What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia flava - hv

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I received what was supposed to be a Sarracenia flava - HV. The plant was small and the pitchers did have some red veining in them.
Now that they have been getting bigger I started to wonder if that's what it is because the lids have white on them. I do not think any flava has white, do they?
Also, the neck looks wider then a flava. Again this is a small plant.
I can post a picture if it would help.

Sounds like its of hybris origin, a picture would be helpful.

Hopefully this will help. I snapped these this morning.

133flavaside.jpg

133flavafront.jpg

133flavaback.jpg

Well it sure isn't S. flava. What's the HV mean?

Alot like S. leucophylla but doesn't look like pure S. leucophylla to me either.. and that's about the extent of my Sarracenia knowledge lol.

Tony

Heavy Veined

It looks like S. leucophylla to me, but I thought it would have more white down the tube. Then again it is a small plant yet. The largest pitchers is 8 1/2".

When I recued a few of those from Home Depot last year, being ne to the hobby, I pored through S. G. and determined that they were flava as well. Now, having themoutside and getting beyond stress and etiolation, i came to the conclusion that they are leucophylla. Gee, it kinda looks familiar...

It looks like a pure leuco. Wait for the plant to mature to verify

It's either a leuco or a heavily leuc-inflenced hybrid.

I sent out a good number of mixed seedlings last year. I kept some for myself and I am getting plants that look simlar. They could be moorei, flava x leuco. Next year when they pitcher you will know more but it still could be another year before the final characteristics are revealed.

Hi Everyone,
It looks alot like the leucos found on Garcon Point, which are smallish and look like there might be some rubra somewhere in their background. At only eight inches, it could also be too juvenile to tell for sure.

Trent

Back