What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
The season is ending quickly. Last chance for a few more photos to carry us through the winter.

A Zeimer Zinger hybrid 8 I think? Thanks Bob Z! Your baby is doing great. Look how different it looks down here in the south in the heat.

zeimerzinger.jpg

in contrast a ghostly 'Schnell's Ghost'

blanc.jpg

and another unknown Mellichamp hybrid

cchybrid.jpg

I agree the season is winding down quickly. We've had night temperatures in the 40's.

Kirk - here's the only other photo I took of the Hurricane Creek plant when it came in. Hope you enjoy it. Most plants are starting to look like the "mummified" tarnok flower in the second photo.

lhcw.jpg

tf1010.jpg

Brooks, the plant I sent to you was what I call unknown hybrid H-5, not H-8. It is interesting how that plant colored up in the sunny heat of Georgia. Here is what it looks like in the foggy cold on the coast of northern California.
S_H5_037.jpg

S_H5_1404.jpg

Thanks for the correction Bob. It was laziness on my part not to go out and look at the tag before I posted. I know I have it correctly on the tag. It is very interesting the difference. Looks like a totally different plant. I will have to report back next season and see how it comes out and see if it is any different.

Wow! Brooks that 'schnells ghost' is very ghostly and hauntingly beutiful! Bob and Brooks that is quite a difference! I mean even the lids look different with Brooks`s plant lids being more upturned and Bob`s being more "flavaish" for lack of a better word. That melinchamp hybrid is also very nice,perhaps something with purpurea flava and leucophylla?
confused.gif

Timber!!!!
smile.gif
Ok, they've fallen over but still look interesting. This is one of my Triffid Park hybrids that has a huge range of colors. These are two of the spring pitchers. The summer pitchers are bright green & white while the new pitchers opening now are green with a red throat and white lid.

tp1010.jpg

Have a few plants still going strong due to this weeks nice weather (which could change at any moment). A minor with nice olive coloring on the new pitcher, an alata with a very deeply colored lid and an excellens x formosa. Hope you enjoy them.

cm1014.jpg

pa1014.jpg

ef1014.jpg

here is my one and only plant
sarracenia1.jpg

and
sarracenia2.jpg

notice on the last one, that the tag says "cobra lily" but shows a form of sarracenia... obviously not the one i got lol.
thats target displays for ya.

does it look ok?
or does it look sickly?
smile_h_32.gif

It looks fine, especially considering dormancy is coming up, I think thats S. purpurea, or S. Purpurea ssp. "Venosa" but you might want to remove that moss as it is not sphagnum

HA... thanks for telling me that about the moss..
didnt know that..
that moss came with the plant,, which might be why it is turning brown?
I'll be getting the right moss ASAP.. and plant it in my terrarirum anyways !!
smile.gif

thanks

yeah it should say "long fibered sphagnum moss" on the package, home depot usually has it

Here are some pics of my S. 'Marston Dwarf'

HPIM0703.JPG
HPIM0694.JPG

HPIM0692.JPG
10-15-04%20006.jpg

Here is a pic of my S. Alata (Jasper County, Texas)
A flower from earlier this year.
HPIM0425.JPG

HPIM0426.JPG

My biggest pitcher
Alata.jpg

Enjoy,
~Wes~

Well, my plants have grown and my terrarium has been rearranged.

The new pitcher of my N. x 'Judith Finn'
TJHnepenthesjudithnp001.jpg

The newest pitcher of my N. Ampullaria 'Tayeve'
TJHnepenthestayevenp001.jpg

A pitcher of my N. Mikei
TJHnepenthesmikeinp001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back