What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora update

Hi everyone!
smile.gif

As you may remeebr, I boght 2 Helaimphora, Heliamphora nutans and Helaimphora heterodoxa x minor soem time ago.

Heliamphora nutans got so sick that I had to give it away-either that or it died.
It is nnow doing very well and producing lots of pitchers with its new carer.

Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor is doing very, very well.
The pitchers have turned a nice red colour, and it has 2 developing pitchers that were NOT there when I got it.
One of them is just opening now.
smile.gif

I am very happy, and I htink I will also get Heliamphra heterodoxa, another one hwich reportedly does well on windows.Wahtd o you all think?
Dino
cool.gif

I think you should save your money and by a Terrainium J/K
smile_n_32.gif
LOL
I'm glad your plants are doing well, any pictures of the heli?

auctually, i agree. save up and buy a terrarium. your heliamphora will do better and it'll increase your options of what you can grow.

I`m glad to hear that! A pleasent surprise to cheer you up I wonder? I know seeing how big my S.purpurea ssp.venosa and how big it had gotten was! Although seeing the dead plants sure wasn`t
smile_h_32.gif
But like William says theres ups and downs(or something to that efect) wich is true in everything in life
I suppose.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Sep. 19 2004,8:55)]auctually, i agree. save up and buy a terrarium. your heliamphora will do better and it'll increase your options of what you can grow.
As if my parants will let me. I can buy it sure, but they wont let me have it.

I htink the Heli will stay on the window, I have heard so many problems about terrarium Helis. And I have heard problems of other plants in terriums too.
I iwll get one evntually tho.

Nope, neevr fun seeing a dead plant.
smile_h_32.gif

Why in the world wont they let you have one?... it takes up as much space as you windsill area, probably less. So if space is not the problem what gives? I even think they are cleaner since it's all inside a tank. So maybe I don't think it's you parents that are stopping you...
smile_m_32.gif

make them see that buying a terrarium would be better for everyone.
It's easy to convince your parents since they love you....
just tell them that since by having a terrarium, the floor would be cleaner (if it's already clean, just "accidentally" drop some peat or spill some water and tell them that it wouldn't have happened if you had a terrarium) it would be easier to take care of, It's your own money anyway so why should they care, you'd be a lot happier, the plants would be a lot happier, etc...
just do what works with your parents. if it's telling them how cool it would be for you to have your own terrarium every day, well then do it. think of all the advantages both you AND them would get.
THEY wouldn't have to clean it would they? YOU'd take care of it all...

Back