What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

September pics

• Thread starter homer
  • Start date
Here are some pics that I took today. It was feeding day, so I might as well take some snapshots, right?
smile.gif

cephalotus.jpg

heliamphoraminor.jpg

heterodoxaxminor.jpg

enjoy,

Homer

Beautiful! Question: What is the diameter of your burmannii?

awww. that's so cute! i have a soft spot for helis and cephs.

Those Helies and Cephs are truly incredible!

Great looking plants homer.

You know which one I like best. Now if I could only grow them.

Homer, it's good to see the H. minor looking so impressive now. Is it still in the original live sphagnum?

awsome pics!
doesn't that helis need divinding?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Homer, it's good to see the H. minor looking so impressive now. Is it still in the original live sphagnum?

Yes. The origional sphagnum mix has not been touched.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]doesn't that helis need divinding?

Yes, I believe it does. I plan on doing some sort of dividing this winter.... again.

-Homer

They're so cool! On a scale from 1-10 how hard are Cephs to grow? Same with the Helis.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Beautiful! Question: What is the diameter of your burmannii?

About the size of a quarter on average.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] On a scale from 1-10 how hard are Cephs to grow? Same with the Helis.

Cephs and Helis have been easy to grow, provided you follow their requirements (Heli's = high humidity, lower temps at night, etc), and cephs (lots of sand, good ventilation, easy on the water). Keep in mind I have less than 2 years experience growing these species.

-Homer

I sowed burmannii seeds in February and they had great germination - too great. I believe they crowded themselves out for growing space. They never got any larger than a dime or nickel. I guess that also rules out the possibility of flowering.
smile_h_32.gif

How fast does the H.Minor grow? I bought a real tiny one recently and it's about the size of my thumb.
So far I haven't seen the leaves grow much, not like D.Binata and D.Capensis, or even N.Ventricosa who produce something like one full new leaf per 2 or 3 days =D. Fast!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sszvein @ Sep. 28 2004,8:14)]How fast does the H.Minor grow? I bought a real tiny one recently and it's about the size of my thumb.
Next year, if you are lucky, it will still be the size of your thumb. My H. minor puts out a new leaf every month or two.

Back