What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sarracenia still pitchering well

Hey,

I was just curious, what is still producing nice pitchers for everyone? By this, I mean still sending up NEW leaves...my leucos, for instance, are already beginning to fade, while one of my alatas actually has 2 tall, unopened leaves in addition to ten or so that have opened in the past few days.

- Patrick

My S.minor is still going strong,and a few more.I'll have to see which ones.

Jerry

Too warm maybe?? Alata and leuco for me.

Alata, minor, and 1 flava is sending up smaller than normal pitchers.

my leuco hybrid just had one open a few days ago. My flava sent up an 8" pitcher also.
But they all are fading and sending up phylodia so I think they're done for the year.

Only my leucophyllas looks good right now.

My leucs still look good, but no new pitchers are growing. The alabamensis 003 seems to be growing new pitchers, but it's become such a thicket that I can't be sure.

We haven't had a hard frost yet. We dropped to 28F a few nights ago, but I had moved all my Sarrs up against the house. We'll see low 20s for a few nights beginning Monday, so it'll soon be time to get these guys ready for winter.

'Judth Hindle' is the only one still going for me.

My Judith is doing pretty darn good now, too.. probably the strongest of all of them.. in second is my venosa, then my rubra in third, then my minors.

My Purpurea is still pitchering. My Rubra isn't though. Well, it is, but they aren't very large, the last one was only 3 or 4 inches tall. The tallest one when i got it was about a foot. This is normal for dormancy, right?
confused.gif

Everything here is done. Had a few nights dip into the 20's. I moved the younger plants into the basement last night. Will probably move the older ones in later this week, as temps will drop into the teens by the end of the week.

Most of my Sarracenia's still look great for fall. I would have to say my leucophyllas look the best tho.

E/C Drew

I've had pretty much nothing but phyllodia on my S.alatas for over a month now, with the last skinny pitchers still steadily dying away

All my plants went into the fridge Halloween day..
its winter here.
snow, frost and temps in the 20's..
smile_h_32.gif

Back