What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sowing seeds

I’m ready to sow some Sarracenia seeds that I received and wanted to check with all of you on the best way to do it. I bought some fungicide from a local nursery labeled as Dithane M-45. The Active ingredients are labeled as Ethylenebisdithiocarbamate 80%, Manganese++ 16%, and Zinc++ 2%, Do you think this will be sufficient in preventing fungus growth while in the fridge? Also how long should I keep the seeds in the fridge? I plan on using either LFS or peat or a mixture. Whatever advice you can give me would be awesome. Thanks,
Nick Z.
smile_h_32.gif

There's no need for fungicide. Just wrap them in a damp paper towel, wrap in tin foil and leave them in there for 5 weeks.
Then sow on your peat or moss mix.

I agree, no fungicide. The stuff is dangerous to your own health, and I've never used any but have gotton plenty of seedlings.

Personally, I prefer to sow seeds directly onto the soil and refrigerate the pot, covered with plastic wrap, for 4 weeks and then place under lights. I've had high success with this method, but I do know others like varying methods.

But, seriously, I wouldn't recommend fungicide.

- Patrick

Back