What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are these s. alata x leuco seedlings?

I am sort of afraid to ask if these are in fact S. alata x leuco seedlings?  I am sorry about the poor quality photo.  I tried to retake it a few times and the image came out no better than what you see here.

acb7b31d.jpg

It's ok if they are weeds but I am sort of hoping they are the real thing as this would be my second CP germination success.

Please let me know what you think is growing in this little tray, I would be most appreciative.

Well, we won't be able to tell you what specific hybrid or species it is at this stage, but they are indeed Sarracenia seedlings! Congrats!

Have fun watching them grow and good luck!

Amori

Oh Happy Dance!  

What do I do now?  There should be about 8 more seeds in there.  I would suspect that some of those should germinate in addition to the 4 shown above.  At what point in time do I move them into individual pots?  Should I put a fan on the entire area right now or would that be too much for the little ones?

Hey, I just described what my S. alata looked like a few minutes ago - small interstate lamp, with seed coat attached. I wouldn't do anything to them for a few weeks. Let success continue.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Jan. 16 2005,6:11)]Oh Happy Dance!  

What do I do now?  There should be about 8 more seeds in there.  I would suspect that some of those should germinate in addition to the 4 shown above.  At what point in time do I move them into individual pots?  Should I put a fan on the entire area right now or would that be too much for the little ones?
Congratulations! You can keep them in the same container for at least a year. Be cautious with the amount of water you give them. Your soil looks very wet. With warmer tempertures this can progress to fouling the soil and rotting the seedlings.
Good luck, imduff

I can back off on the water easily enough.  What about taking them off the heating pad? I don't need the soil temps at 80F any longer do I?

Laura,
Yes, You have sarracenia seedlings! Congrats. I agree with Imduff, back off on the water. Let it rise and fall. i.e. dry out a bit and then add some more. A fan that blows gently circulates the air above them would be fine. Keep the heat on and humidity high. Here is a link to how I grow mine.

good growing!

Brooks

http://hometown.aol.com/thombrogar/index.html

I'll add a little cinnamon powder too!  I can't have slime molds out competing my babies!

Back