What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S. flava from brooks

Now what. It has a ball like growth comming form the growing point that can only be a flower. When should it flower? It seems kind of early. Can I self pollinate? I have never had a Sarr flower before so what do I do? I understand that I take the pollin from the floor of the flower and put it on each of the five "tips" comming from the wall of the "upside down unbrella". I have germinated and collected seed before but Never had a flower or pollinated one.

Sounds like a flower all right. Since you are probably warmer than the rest of us, it is telling the plant it is time to bloom, and the photoperiod is lengthening. So, being warm, the plant is ready. However, at this stage, being early, it can also abort and become nothing at all. There is nothing you can do, that I know of, to keep a flower from being aborted if the plant decides the time isn't quite right after all. If it does not abort, wait until it opens, and then give us a holler, and we will help you from there. It does have to actually bloom before you can do anything anyway. Good luck, Tre!

Yeah I think I figured that out
smile.gif

i have some flavas that will be opening in about 10 days. it's amazing how fast those buds grew once i moved them into a greenhouse.

Back