What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia nirvana

I finally got around to getting some film from last summer developed and found these photos from July. This was at the Darlingtonia Wayside park here on the Oregon Coast. The day was close to 90 degrees which is very warm for the coast. Some plants were in full sunlight with no signs of "burning". Nights were still back down to around 60 and foggy. Most of the plants were around 30" tall - the largest one I measured was 41". Very impressive to see them. If you're ever along the Oregon coast it's worth a stop.

Hope you enjoy them.

dw704b.jpg

dw704c.jpg

dw704.jpg

It must be awesome to see wild cobra lily to grow in the wild and 41 inch pitchers!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

AHHH!!!!! Florence, Oregon! Thank you, Jeff!

Very nice!It must be a sight to see!All those cobra lilies growing together,wow.

Jerry

I can't wait until mine look like that! I have seedlings from Florence, OR
smile.gif

Wow! A stand of Cobra lilies reminds me of prairie dogs standing on hind legs, surveying the scene for danger.

Holy - uh, water...

those things are awesome!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Jan. 23 2005,4:02)]Wow! A stand of Cobra lilies reminds me of prairie dogs standing on hind legs, surveying the scene for danger.
Wow! A stand of Cobra liles reminds me of cobras, suspending their upper bodies above the ground, looking for food, like prairie dogs.

smile_n_32.gif

Reminds me of an alien, and a walking stick.

Reminds me of what I would love one of my bogs to look like

Back