What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darlingtonia in flower

Wow I just saw my first Drlingtonia in Flower at Lowes. It was amazing. I did not have the money to buy it ($8) and I was suprised how much smaller the flower was in compairison to Sarracenia. It was really neat though.
Tre

That is a certain rarity, I've only seen one in flower at lowes, but it was quite impressive. I've always like the flower are darlingtonia they are so unique! LOL

Newb here.......if your cobra lily does start to flower, are you supposed to cut it off like they suggest you do for the VFT? Couldnt find any info on the FAQ. Also, what are the chances of it surviving if you keep it in a terrarium year round at the same tempature? would appreciate any info, thnx

postalgriff,
I have never heard anything bad about letting a Cobra Lily flower.
Cobra lilies require a cold dormant period for at least 3 months. As for growing them inside a terrarium, they would probably get to big. I grow mine as a windowsill plant. Tried one outside and died in the summer from the heat.

There's no problem in letting darlingtonia flower. It won't exhaust it or anything.

Back