What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first sarracenia flowers :-)

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
Yayyyy!!! Today I noticed the first flower buds on any of my Sarrs. These are from my S. oreophilia. Im excited.. never seen a Sarr flower in person before.. hope I get seeds to share
smile.gif

Cheers
Steve

oreobudsize1.jpg

oreobudsize2.jpg

welcome to the wonderfull world of sarracenia my oreo has 2 buds so far, hoping to pollinate one regular and cross pollinate the other

I doubt my oreos will this year. Probibly only my S. flava 'cooks bayou' and S. purpurea ssp. purpurea x. rubra will. Well maybe a couple S. minors will.

Congrats Steve:) My S.minor long county Georgia has a flower bud atm and my oreo is just starting to grow pitchers,although it doesn`t seem like it will flower this year.

If you've never seen Sarracenia flowers in person, you are in for a treat Steve! So far, my early bird (S. flava var. flava) is holding its reputation by being the first temperate CP to wake up for the year by sending up flower buds, last year the plant had 6...I'm hoping for more this year!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Feb. 21 2005,8:17)]If you've never seen Sarracenia flowers in person, you are in for a treat Steve! So far, my early bird (S. flava var. flava) is holding its reputation by being the first temperate CP to wake up for the year by sending up flower buds, last year the plant had 6...I'm hoping for more this year!
yeah, there's nothing like the smell of a greenhouse with a bunch of S. flava opened up. Had a few open on Feb. 1, came back a week later and could barely stand it in there. i felt sorry for the undergrad student who waters them every week.

Back